Emergency Supplies for your Vehicle
Driving in the winter does have it challenges and to be safe during winter’s hectic conditions you should think about having the following safety kit items in your vehicle.
- Jumper Cables or better yet, a portable jump starter.
- Flares or reflective triangles.
- Car cell phone charger.
- Leases (if you travel with your pets that are not in carriers)
During Winter months you should also include the following:
- Ice Scraper
- Warm coat
- Warm boots
- Extra gloves, hat and scarfs
- Kitty litter or sand for traction.
- Snow shovel-there are small foldable snow shovels.
You should also remember to:
- Always keep your gas tank at least half full.
- Keep tire properly inflated-In the winter tires lose air pressure due to cold temperatures.
- Check all fluids, especially the windshield wash solution.