The 12 Days of Christmas Safety
Ahhh Christmas, it’s just around the corner and some will say, “Tis the Season” to celebrate the holidays with Family and Friends. Before you hang that mistletoe, there are some basic safety precautions that you should take to remain safe and injury-free during the upcoming Holiday season…. So go ahead and pour a cup of Eggnog and be merry! Ho, Ho, Ho!
- Clean your Chimney.
- Make sure your outdoor lights are meant for outdoor use.
- Don’t leave cooking food unattended.
- Turn off all indoor & outdoor lights before going to bed.
- Use flameless candles.
- Always have a working fire extinguisher in the house.
- Use safe ladder practices when hanging lights.
- Keep trees away from any heat source.
- Do not overload electrical circuits or extension cords.
- Turn off Christmas lights before leaving the house.
- Keep sidewalks & steps clear to prevent slip & falls.
- Watch for exposed nails, wires or low-hanging rafters when getting decorations out of the attic.